TO ADVANCE KLNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
iWIDGET’s aim is to advance knowledge and understanding about smart metering technologies in order to develop novel, robust, practical and cost-effective methodologies and tools to manage urban water demand in households across Europe, by reducing wastage, improving utility understanding of end-user demand and reducing customer water and energy costs.
USE ROBUST AND PROVEN TECHNIQUES AND TECHNOLOGIES
The Project Consortium will base the iWIDGET system on current robust and proven techniques and technologies providing, as a minimum, the following functions:
- innovative demand management including adaptive pricing
- decision support systems (DSS)
- data management.
TO EXPLOIT ADVANCED ICT TECHNOLOGIES
iWIDGET will aim to exploit the following technologies:
- advanced metering including combined water and energy metering
- real-time communication of consumption patterns.
TO HAVE AN IMPACT!
iWIDGET will help:
- progress towards the Europe 2020 targets on climate and energy by reshaping the demand side of our energy-dependant society, reducing energy consumption, and subsequently CO2 emissions.
- reduce demand for water and hence the energy required for its treatment, delivery and safe return to the environment
- better manage water supply and demand
TO CREATE NEW PARTNERSHIPS
iWIDGET will aim to create new partnerships between European water distributors, water management equipment suppliers and the ICT sector